My first full day in the garden. Still in April and it feels like June. This does not bode well, comrade. Suspect we’re in for another long, hot summer. At least we had more rain last winter than we did the previous year. Fingers crossed.
First job of
the day (after retrieving the swing cushions from the shed) is a bit of pet
cemetery maintenance. Weed around and add compost to first Angie and Tri’s rose
bushes…
… then
Clancy’s
The other
rose bushes are also coming back nicely.
Although, sadly, the
one at the back on the right looks as if it might be dead. Oh, no, wait a minute,
on closer inspection…
Check this
out! A new rose bush seems to be coming up out of the roots of the seemingly
dead one! The last time this happened, the roses on the new bush were a
completely different colour. Wonder if this will happen again? (Wonder if I can
remember what colour the roses on this bush were before?)
Don’t worry, I shall
keep you posted.
At one of the many houses we lived in when I was a kid, there were four rose bushes outside my bedroom window, with a dead pet under each one (gerbils and a rabbit). Our current back garden wasn't deep enough to accommodate a dog the size of Pearl, and Jasper and Plouffe died in winter so the rose bush is just a rose bush.
ReplyDeleteYours are admirably well pruned. We didn't get to the pruning until last weekend. I'm hoping we didn't just kill it...