Yes,
yes, I know. It’s been a while. Well, what can I say? I’ve been busy. And I’m a
bit busy today, so this is going to be a very quick update.
The
most exciting thing in the garden at the moment is this.
Yes,
thanks to a friend who wanted rid, I have a garden swing. It is heaven. I
foresee a long, hot summer of reading. As you can see, Stella also loves the
swing. Wish I’d had a video camera at hand the first time she jumped on – and shot
off – it. Comedy gold. (She has now worked out that it doesn’t move as much if
she uses the crate.)
Hell,
the swing isn’t just the most exciting thing in the garden, it may be the most
exciting thing in my life, up to and possibly including my run for the Labour leadership and the recent world premiere of my play.
There
is a great deal of good news (and bad news) to report from the garden, but it won’t
be today.
For
now I will simply share my new approach to gardening on Gabriola.
If
I can’t have the island’s most productive garden (and I really can’t), then, as
God is my witness, I’m going to have the cutest. And how could it get cuter
than this?
More
anon.
PS Although this has nothing to do with the garden, I would just like to thank the wonderful cast of That's Nice for breathing such fabulous life into my wacky characters.
And I'd like to thank supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Catherine Stewart for driving all the way from Midway to share the world premiere with me.
PS Although this has nothing to do with the garden, I would just like to thank the wonderful cast of That's Nice for breathing such fabulous life into my wacky characters.
![]() | |||
| Left to right: Marvellous Millicent (Jenn Feenan), Grumpy Greville (Cec Ashley), Charming Charlotte (Donna Deacon), me, Zany Zoe (Madeleine Ani), and Roguish Ralph (Roger Carter) |


No comments:
Post a Comment