I figure every now and then I should probably – for the sake of my sanity – measure and celebrate progress. For example…
the bee-friendly Ceanothus planted in 2010…
is now five feet tall.
Although it did not bloom again this year
as it did last year,
this is the tiny shrub I discovered choked in a bed of weeds in 2010. It is also nearly five foot tall now. (Fortunately, Pat is being very generous with his lilacs.)
And then there’s the fig tree I purchased during Irmani’s visit in 2011.
It may not seem like much, but this plant has never produced more than one (admittedly large) leaf per branch.
And it may not be easy to see, but this year it has four leafs per branch. (Admittedly, as I said to Krys, it’s still going to be quite a while before I see an actual fig.)
No further progress with the giant hole, as I’ve been working on my column. In case you’re interested, it does feature the hole.
Back to digging tomorrow.






No comments:
Post a Comment