Two days of crouching and stretching and bending have left my under-used glutes screaming in protest. However…
the boulders are no longer in the hole and…
the hole is getting bigger and bigger.
I was going to try mixing some compost into the sand (which is basically what the soil back here is), but I’ve decided, to hell with it, I’m going to invest in some landscaping fabric, fill the hole with top soil and have another bed which is actually capable of supporting life. (Note to self: Ask Krys where she got the landscape fabric.)
Elsewhere (get your magnifying glass out again)…
Whether you can see them or not, beet leafs begin to appear.
And carrot leafs.
And peas!
And what’s this we see?
When she was here, Krys told me about her mum’s system for starting new bushes from old. Cut off the end of a branch, stick it in the ground and put a mason jar on top of it. Mini-greenhouse effect, as it were. So, given how much the bees love the ceanothus when it flowers, I’m thinking it would be good to plant more.
After all this digging – and to compensate for all this butt ache – I think it’s time for a large gin and tonic.
Bollocks. Lots of gin, but no limes and no tonic. Very bad planning indeed. A spritzer will have to do.






Or just drink the gin.
ReplyDeleteA martini by any other name. :-)
Delete