While I was in the UK, Krys decided it would be a good idea to put up a hanging bracket for another flowering basket. And I have to say I think this is a good idea – not least because flowers hanging in baskets are less likely to get eaten by the bloody deer. Such a good idea, in fact, that I decide to add another and shift the one she’s put up so they can actually be seen from inside the house.

As Irmani’s fuchsia isn’t looking likely to flower any time soon (although it does seem to have survived its fall), decide the new basket should be more dark eyes fuchsias.

Krys also suggested a window box under the diningroom window. Again, excellent idea – although one can but hope the bloody deer will leave it alone.
Meanwhile, back in the garden…

I know I’ve already mentioned the apple blossom coming along, but today I do a count. There are at least 35 flowers, which one presumes means at least 35 apples. How on earth can this poor little tree, with its thin little branches support 35 apples?

Again, yes, already mentioned, but look at the lilac blossom! When Krys emailed me in the UK to say she thought the lilac was actually going to flower this year, I couldn’t believe it – but it’s true! (Claps hands together, bounces up and down. It's been a long time coming.}

And the first rosebud. Hurrah!
No comments:
Post a Comment