Some non-garden news for Irmani, Krys, Becky, Catherine and other followers of the Down with Brown project. I’m pleased to announce that Brown Is Down.
I did consider trying to paint these beams myself, but, what with the odds of falling and breaking my neck and the inability of either of the cats to ring for an ambulance, eventually decided it would be safer to get some painters in – even though I couldn’t really afford it. Worth every penny. (The sad thing is, if Mike was still around, like me, he would love it.)
Speaking of things I (really) can’t afford, I’ve also broken down and ordered a new sofa to replace the green monster. Had to be done. Unfortunately, Irmani won’t get to see it when she visits, as it won’t be delivered until mid-June. Photo will follow.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to get rid of green monstrosity without having to pay someone to take it to the dump in Nanaimo.
PS Still no sign of my lettuce. Humph.

Can't wait to be there and see it in person - only a fortnight away! xx (But man, you could have delayed that new couch... ;)
ReplyDelete