Monday, April 18, 2016

Outside the back door



It may have taken me until a couple of days ago to get around to the first entry of garden blog 2016, but things have been going on in the garden – and outdoors – for some time.

For example, first al fresco breakfast was on April Fool’s Day. (Thought, what with the date and all, it might have been a bit mean to post this at the time, when friends back east were under two feet of snow.)

 
The kitchen door herb garden is coming back well. Well, almost.


Took this photo this morning. Had I taken a photo on April 1st, I would have made the following comment about the pot on the left of the top row: “Surprised to see parsley I don’t even remember planting growing in this pot.” As you can see, there is now nothing in this pot. Turns out, as I’ve obviously forgotten, that while Bambo will generally leave herbs alone, he does make some exceptions and one of these is parsley. Bastard.

As followers may remember, I got up one morning last July to discover that Stella’s favourite chair had apparently been attacked overnight by a raccoon.


Yikes!

As much as I do love the garden swing, where Stella and I spent a good deal of last summer, I did also love that zero-gravity chair. Take advantage of a trip through Nanaimo to purchase a new one. Five minutes after I put it up…


It may or may not be obvious from the photo, but Stella really is giving me an “it’s about bloody time” look.

Coming soon: News from the actual garden. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment