Thursday, September 19, 2013

Questions, questions

It’s a beautiful day in the neighbourhood, but, let’s face it, we’re in September now. Our beautiful days are numbered. Which raises a few garden-related questions.

Will there be enough sunshine and decent weather to…
… ripen these tomatoes?
… get a second crop of peas in?
… turn these tiny squash into soup?

Why, when they’re from the same plant, do these look like completely different types of squash?

When should I pick the one apple my new tree produced?

Is it possible my 92-year-old neighbour Pat is sun bathing au naturel on his front porch?
(I did not call across the road to get his attention and find out.)

Who is this?
The answer to the final question is Stella, a lovely seven-year-old cat who was being fostered by Cats Alive after her person died a few months ago. It may seem to be rather soon after I said goodbye to Angie, but I realised one dark, rainy morning (shades of the months to come) that there was no way I could survive the winter alone in the house. And, as I’ve said to a number of people recently, Angie, more so than any other cat I’ve ever known, understood how much people need cats .

Answers to or thoughts on all other questions welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Stella is a cutie, glad you are enjoying having her around. The garden is looking good too. I'd pick that apple before a bird gets it...

    ReplyDelete