Friday, January 30, 2015

Surprise!



Just as no one expects the Spanish Inquisition,
no one (least of all me) expects a garden update in January. However…

An unseasonably mild week drew me to the garden on Monday. Roses (already budding), raspberries and blackberry trimmed. Seemed like enough for this time of year.  And yet the sun continued to shine.

So, back I went this morning.


The strawberries and the short blueberry bush have now been transplanted to the raised bed Cec built last summer. The sea soil in the blue container is all that’s left of last year’s yard. The saddest news (for Gabriola and for me) of the new year is that Cec and Joyce have put their house up for sale and are planning to move to Vancouver Island. I need to get another yard of sea soil in pronto.


The other two blueberry bushes have been transplanted to better quality soil. Hopefully there will be lots of berries this year – and I’ll get to them before the fucking birds. 


The original raised bed (kindly built by Krys and Glenn) is ready for planting. In January. Blimey.

How self-satisfied am I feeling? Plenty.

And here, for no other reason than it was in the camera when I downloaded the garden pics, is the 2014 Christmas tree.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment