Thanks to the excellent scavenging skills of Krys, I have lots of planters (spotted free for anyone who might want outside Arbutus one day).

As a result, my herbs really are now just outside the kitchen door. The oregano and the mint should be safe, but last year the deer munched the chives down to nothing. They seem to be staging a comeback, but only time will tell. (Assuming the bloody deer don’t go after them again.)
And, speaking of the bloody deer, at the garden shop I spot a bag of bulbs/tubers which (a) are supposed to be happy with a combination of sun and shade and, most importantly, (b) are “deer resistant”. Can this be true? It would be nice to have some sort of flowers out the back.

Will I, I ask at the nursery, get my money back if the bloody deer do eat the plants? They smile, because, of course, the only guarantee that the deer won’t eat something is a 10-foot, electrified fence. (Perhaps 15-foot.) This I do not have.
Decide to take a chance and buy a bag. And, thanks to the aforementioned planter scavenging, I have a pot which is exactly the right size.

Fingers crossed.
No comments:
Post a Comment