I’m tidying up downstairs and pick up my running shoes to put them away. It’s been sandal weather for weeks and likely to remain so. Somewhat perplexed by one of my shoes making a noise. Look inside and find a cache of dry cat food. I know Tri didn’t put it there. And I haven’t been putting dry food out for him down here since the invasion. Bastards were stockpiling.
A comment from Jane yesterday that conventional wisdom is mice need to be released at least a mile from home. So, the theory that I may just be catching the same two stupid ones is gaining traction. If that’s the case, one of them has smartened up, as there is only one in a trap this morning. Grrr.
Am hoping that 10 days of no food or water down here while we’re in Vancouver will put them off the place.
On a brighter note, the two well advanced tomato plants I put in the dead zone which is my veg patch are actually bearing fruit. And I notice, while watering the garden that there are half a dozen blackberries ready to pluck, which I do. Yum. Looking forward to blackberry crumble later this month. (And just stuffing my face with blackberries.)
Home grown curly kale in African peanut stew for dinner. Unfortunately not home grown by me. The kale was a present from Kelly, who’s garden is overflowing with it. I will also soon be eating a lot of home grown courgettes (oops, zucchini) as Pat will never be able to get through the number coming off his giant plant.
Well, somebody’s gardens are doing okay. And mine does look pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment