Instead, let us celebrate the fact that, with the use of my very own shovel, Pat’s borrowed wheel barrow and quite a lot of sweat, this afternoon I turned this
into this
Yes, food actually growing in the garden. Cherry tomatoes to be eaten in the summer. Squash for the autumn. (I make no reference to the red pepper plant. Having failed dismally in all previous efforts to get a single red pepper off a plant, I'm not going to get excited about this one until it puts out.)
Okay, no, I didn’t grow them from seeds, buy, hey, one step at a time, eh?
Next step, next week, is to borrow Kelly’s “lady sized” rototiller.
Then I have to figure out what to use for soil in these imaginary raised beds of mine. Must ask Sally and Jamie where they get their top soil.
Oh, yes, and what am I actually going to build the beds with? Sounds like a trip to the Arbutus lumber yard – assuming no luck at GIRO, where I may actually be able to find some donated planks.
Well, lookit you go! Reminds me to get out and put in some herbs in the box by the back door.
ReplyDeleteOooooh veggies! I had my first raspberries off the bush in the garden at the weekend. Your blueberry bush also looks like it's going to put out ;)
ReplyDeleteKeep an eye on that blueberry bush. Just when it looks like blueberries galore are going to burst forth the birds swoop in. Hopefully Mojo will do the job for you.
ReplyDelete