Note to self:
As important as it is to properly clean and sterilise the hummingbird feeder
between loads of nectar, do not pour
boiling water into the plastic bottle.
It will melt
and warp. Then it will not screw into the bottom tray properly and all the
nectar will dribble out. And the hummingbirds will be pissed off. Doh. Off to the garden shop to buy another.
Fortunately they still have one of the good ones left. Service resumed.
A bit of
better (and less stupid) news from the garden. The last few times I watered the
garden, the California lilac was covered in
busily buzzing bees. Perhaps it’s a time of day thing (it was late afternoon
when I noticed the distinct lack of buzzing) or perhaps it genuinely was the
case that the word hadn’t spread to the larger bee population. Normal service
definitely resumed.
I’m afraid
this needs must be a very short entry. After several weeks of laughter-filled,
delightful rehearsals with the charming, cheery Charlie Cheffins, tonight he and I must
perform A Visit From Miss Prothero in front of an actual audience – first of
four shows. Blimey.

No comments:
Post a Comment