Another afternoon in the garden. I’m dive-bombed by the first hummingbird I’ve seen this year and also spot my first butterflies. Spring is indeed sprung.
So, the vegetables are sorted (ha, ha), but what about flowers?
At the garden shop I take a gamble. This flowerbed has never been wildly successful before, but with some lime and some manure, can it support a camellia? Will it at least live long enough for the other eight buds already visible to open up? I can but cross my fingers and hope.
Wouldn’t it be lovely, I also think, to get some wisteria growing along the fence? Yes, I decide, yes it would.
So, in addition to the Stargazer lily bulbs I buy and plant in pots, I also plant a young wisteria (behind). Pat has these lilies growing in pots on his deck. Not only are they as lovely as the illustration suggests, but they have the most heavenly aroma. And now I shall have my own.
Suspect it will be a while (decades?) before my wisteria coverage will be in competition with Becky’s dream home.
I don’t really mind, because it’s still only April and look!
How beautiful is this looking? Seriously. I am gobsmacked. (As will Pat be when he gets back this week from his snowbird holiday with his Alberta lady friend.)
Oh, and PS: This one specifically for Irmani.
Lots of new growth on the fuchsia. Hope it’s flowering when you get here next month. Can’t wait!




Yeay! So pleased it made it :-)
ReplyDelete