Sunday, June 26, 2011

Becky finds her dream home

Yes, yes, I know. I got everyone all excited about the blog starting up again and then dropped you all. Not my fault.

First I had a piece of work land in my lap which has a very tight deadline, necessitating 10+ hours a day at the computer, a sore neck, sore shoulders and, eventually, the need to forage in the freezer for some of Mike’s old supply of ready meals.

Then my friend Becky visited, so, again, not much time for updating blogs.

A lot has been going on in the garden and I promise I will get to this soon, but today’s entry is for Becky, who may be joining me permanently on Gabriola, now that she’s found her dream home. (If she’s decided, now that she’s back in Leyton, that she really can’t live without opera, theatre, art galleries, electricity, running water and all the other excitement of London, I’ll have to let Rowan know before someone else snaps it up.

It was the wisteria that prompted us to stop and get out of the car for a look.



Not only is it for sale, but you don’t even have to arrange a viewing.

Bit difficult to get in through the front door.



So we went round the back.



We were immediately struck by all the indoor plants.



There’s a lovely fitted kitchen.



Unfortunately the bathroom has neither hot nor cold running water at the moment.



But, in the livingroom, there is a lovely tile surround for a wood stove.



A few problems with the bedroom floor, as Becky discovered when she fell through it. Fortunately no permanent damage – to her.




The garden, it must be said, could do with a bit of work.



The television reception’s probably a bit dodgy.



But that’s okay, because I think she’s going to be too busy to watch telly.

Garden news anon. I promise.

1 comment: